Spring 2017 All-In Cities Internship (Oakland, CA)
This 12-week paid internship is available immediately. We don’t expect the position to last longer than June 1, 2017.
PolicyLink is seeking an advanced undergraduate or graduate student intern to provide research support to its new All-In Cities initiative (www.allincities.org). This effort focuses on advancing the next generation of equitable development policies and strategies at a time when many American cities are experiencing an economic revival, but this rising economic tide is not translating into good jobs, living wages, and ownership opportunities for low-income communities and communities of color. We provide capacity-building and implementation support, data and policy tools, and strategic research to city governments and community organizations/coalitions as they develop and implement tailored policy solutions to increase racial economic inclusion and foster equitable growth.
Assignments will include:
- Background research for place-based examples of equitable growth strategies.
- Research on specific policy tools that city leaders and advocates can leverage to promote racial economic inclusion.
- Updating previous research as needed when new reports/outcomes become available.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Continuing graduate student in urban planning, public policy, sociology, journalism, or related field.
- Commitment to economic and social equity.
- Interest in American cities and their future.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Research experience and strong analytical skills.
- Good team player.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
Applicants should submit a résumé, cover letter, and a list of three professional references to email@example.com.
Please include in subject line: Your Name – Specific Internship Name.
We encourage you to submit the application components in a single document if possible (rather than three separate files) so we can print double-sided and save paper.
Interviews will take place on a first come, first served basis. Applicants will be contacted by telephone to schedule an interview that will take place in person or over the telephone. Candidates not selected for interviews will be notified when position is filled.
PolicyLink is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and a welcoming workplace.
Position open until filled.